Choose your location
Stamp Duty Rates for Residential and Non-Residential Property
- Stamp Duty is payable on market value or agreement value, whichever is higher.
- The Stamp Duty for shop/office/Industrial gala/Basement is 5% of the market value or agreement value whichever is higher.
- The above amount does not include Registration fee which is 1 per cent of market value or agreement value whichever is higher subject to Maximum of Rs.30,000
- Stamp Duty is charged for every Rs.500 or part thereof of the market value.
- Registration fee is charged for every Rs.1000 or part thereof of the market value.
- Stamp Duty must be paid at the time of execution of the agreement. Penalty for late payment of stamp duty is 2% per month on deficit stamp duty amount, subject to maximum 2 times of the deficit stamp duty amount.
- Stamp Duty on agreement for Sale prior to 10-12-1985 is Rs.5 only.
- Stamp Duty for Non-Residential Property is straight away 5% of the market value.
Related Links :